Your iPhone data can be restored from iCloud when setting up a new device, or after erasing all data from a device using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. You will be prompted by Setup Assistant by a new iPhone to set up as a new phone or restore from backup.
In this way, how long does it take to restore from iCloud to a new phone?
According to Apple, the time it takes to restore from an iCloud backup will depend on the size of the backup and the speed and reliability of the Wi-Fi connection you are using. But even Apple admits that even with the strongest connection, it might still take 1 to 4 hours to per gigabyte to complete the process.
How do I stop my iPhone from restoring?
Steps to stop a stuck iCloud recovery
- On your phone, navigate your way to 'Settings' and tap on 'iCloud'.
- Then go to 'Backup'.
- Tap on 'Stop Restoring iPhone'.
- You will then be prompted to confirm that you really want to stop the recovery process. Tap on 'Stop'.
How do I transfer everything to my new iPhone?
Transfer your iTunes backup to your new device
- Turn on your new device.
- Follow the steps until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iTunes Backup > next.
- Connect your new device to the computer that you used to back up your previous device.
- Open iTunes on your computer and select your device.