To configure Access Control or MAC filtering with Smart Wizard:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect a computer to any one of the four LAN ports of the NETGEAR router.
- When prompted for a username and password, enter the username and password.
- From the main menu on the left, select Advanced > Wireless Settings.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I block a WiFi network?
- Go to "System Preferences" > "Networks" prefpane.
- Choose "AirPort" (or "WiFi" on Lion) on the left.
- Click the "Advanced" button.
- In the resulting sheet, choose the "AirPort" (or "WiFi") tab.
- Select your neighbor's wifi network in the list and hit the "-" (minus) button.
How do I block a device from my Netgear router?
To set up access control:
- Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- Enter the router user name and password.
- Select ADVANCED > Security > Access Control.
- Select the Turn on Access Control check box.
What is the meaning of MAC filter?
In computer networking, Media Access Control MAC Filtering (or EUI filtering, or layer 2 address filtering) refers to a security access control method whereby the 48-bit address assigned to each network card is used to determine access to the network.