Windows 10, 8, & 7
- Open the “Control Panel“.
- Select “System and Security“.
- In the Windows Firewall section, select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall“.
- Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access.
So, how do I block a program from accessing the Internet Windows XP?
- Click Start and open the “Control Panel“.
- Select “Security Center“.
- In the “Manage security settings for” area, select “Windows Firewall“.
- Select the “Exceptions” tab.
- Check an application to allow access to the network, uncheck it to block access.
How do I block a program in my firewall Windows 8?
Steps to Configure Windows Firewall Block applications in Windows 8 :
- Press Windows Key + C to open Windows 8 Charms Bar.
- Now, Go to Search.
- In Apps Search Bar, type control panel.
- Now, navigate to System and Security -> Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced settings in the left pane.
- A new Window will pop up.